The Church became Calvinist after the Reformation but was returned to the Catholics at the end of the 17th century. The present Baroque parish church was built in 1757 in a new location. At this time, besides the patron saint of the old church, St Gotthard, John of Nepomuk, one of the most popular saints in the 18th century, also became a patron saint of the church.The sanctuary’s vaulting originally depicted the apotheosis of St John of Nepomuk and St Gotthard. The frescoes, painted in 1770, can now be viewed in the Hanság Museum. The nave’s vaulting was painted in 1938, while the sanctuary gained a completely new composition during the 1995 renovation. The church’s stained-glass windows were made in 1891-92.The Baroque high altar is a pillared, canopy-domed construction, which is a replica of the altar at Mariazell. The side altars dedicated to St Joseph and St John of Nepomuk were created in 1770. The church’s newest pictorial depictions are the enamel paintings of the Way of the Cross stations.
The church, built in the 13th century in honour of St Adrian, was rebuilt in Gothic style in the 15th century. This small church was used by the Protestants from the mid-16th century and again by the Catholics from 1619, when it received the name of St Gotthard. A new, larger church was erected in its place and was consecrated in 1668. Besides St Gotthard, the high altar also gained a statue of Mary, Queen of the Rosary, which was quickly dedicated as a devotional statue. Another transformation took place between 1771 and 1777. The statue of Mary from the old high altar was placed on the high altar of the reconstructed sanctuary. Frescoes were not only added to the vaulting, but the side altars were also replaced with frescoes. The stained-glass windows were made in 1902 and 1907. The crypt of the Habsburg family’s Olováry branch was created in the lower church and the coffins of Archduke Frederick and his wife Isabella Croy were placed there.
The chapel in the triangular square was erected by the citizens of Moson in honour of St Sebastian, Saint Roch and St Rosalie, probably in fulfilment of their pledge during the plague of 1713. It was expanded in the second half of the 18th century; the altar was added at this time too. A new wooden tower was constructed above the facade. The chapel gained a new brick tower during the 1902-1903 renovation. Stained-glass windows were added around the turn of the century: the nave was embellished with ornamental decorations, while the sanctuary was decorated with a glass image of an angel blowing a trombone. There is a list of World War II heroes engraved on a plaque in the wall recess of the main facade. The Baroque altarpiece stolen from the chapel was replaced in 2001 by a new painting depicting St Rosalie.
The chapel on the former main street of the village of Lucsony, which later became part of the town, was built in 1713. The Chapel of St Anne, dedicated to St Fabian, St Roch, St Sebastian and St Rosalie, was erected by the citizens of Lucsony in exchange for their pledge during the plague. The facade of the simple gable-roofed building is crowned with a wooden bell tower. There is a statue of the Immaculate Conception (Immaculata) in the small recess above the entrance. The interior boasts a beautiful Baroque altar with a statue of St Anne teaching young Mary at its centre. Beneath them, St Rosalie lies in her grave.
Education began in 1739 in the first secondary school of Moson county. Until the nationalisation of the school (1948) piarist fathers taught the youth in the town and the region. After four decades of compulsory break, since 1994 education has been managed by the piarists again. The chapel was dedicated to Saint Joseph of Calasanz, the founder of the monastery. The painting refers to the motto of the piarists: "the service of the teachers for children is an angellic role".
On the 70th anniversary of the Holocaust, in 2015 a Holocaust monument was presented in Mosonmagyaróvár. The artwork of Ferenc Lebó, sculptor stands in Shalom Park which was established next to the Jewish cemetery.