Virgin Queen Mary and St Gotthard Church (Magyaróvár)
The church, built in the 13th century in honour of St Adrian, was rebuilt in Gothic style in the 15th century. This small church was used by the Protestants from the mid-16th century and again by the Catholics from 1619, when it received the name of St Gotthard. A new, larger church was erected in its place and was consecrated in 1668. Besides St Gotthard, the high altar also gained a statue of Mary, Queen of the Rosary, which was quickly dedicated as a devotional statue. Another transformation took place between 1771 and 1777. The statue of Mary from the old high altar was placed on the high altar of the reconstructed sanctuary. Frescoes were not only added to the vaulting, but the side altars were also replaced with frescoes. The stained-glass windows were made in 1902 and 1907. The crypt of the Habsburg family’s Olováry branch was created in the lower church and the coffins of Archduke Frederick and his wife Isabella Croy were placed there.