The first mention of Beled’s church dates from 1308. Today’s parish church dedicated to the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary was built thanks to the support of its patrons, the Cziráky and Esterházy families, on the site of the previous old church which had burnt down. The floorspace of the church built between 1861 and 1863 is 540 m2 while its tower is 28m high. The facade of the single-naved, late Classicist building is Romanticist while its tower is built in neo-Gothic style.The high altar’s altarpiece depicts the new-born Mary in the arms of her father, St Joachim, with her mother, St Anne, next to him. Statues of St Anthony and St John of Nepomuk stand on the two sides of the high altar. The paintings on the side altars depict the “Annunciation scene and St Joseph. The interior’s oldest ornament is the Baroque statue of the Madonna. The organ was made in Vienna in 1864, and the three bells were cast by the Seltenhofer dynasty in Sopron.A cholera epidemic devastated the Rábaköz in 1855. After it had receded, the Beled worshippers erected a Mary column in the churchyard out of gratitude.
There has been an Evangelical parent congregation in Beled since the end of the 16th century. For a long time, this was a simple, thatched prayer house without a tower. The current church was consecrated on 20 August 1806. The altar was added in 1835 as well as an organ in 1842. The tragic fire of 1859 destroyed the church as well as the school’s roof, which was replaced with wooden shingles. The church was renovated in 1932, receiving a new organ while the altar gained an image created by the art teacher, Imre Oppel. The title of the altarpiece is Jesus, the Good Shepherd. One of the stained-glass windows depicts Luther’s rose, the other a baptismal jug. On the latter, there is a scriptural quotation as well as three dates: 1517 – the start of the Reformation, 1806 – the year the church was built, and 2018 – the year the window’s image was created.
(Vica) Vica was attached to Beled in 1983. Today’s church was built in 1738 and acquired its present form after its expansion in 1870. The most valuable furnishings of the richly decorated interior with its murals by Ferenc Czanik of Kapuvár as well as its sculptures and flags are the 18th century Baroque high altar and pulpit, both of which are resplendent in colours of blue, gold and silver. The high altar is decorated with sculptures of St Ladislaus with an axe, St Stephen the King with his orb and angels. The altarpiece with its many characters depicts St Anne with her family (including the baby Jesus) below and the Father and the Holy Spirit above. There is an ornate cross with a radiant wreath and a crown above the tabernacle.A statue of St Michael stands on top of the altarpiece above the Viczay family coat of arms. There is also a statue of the archangel on the sounding board of the pulpit, with a ball of flames in his hand. The unknown creator of the carvings “planted” the four evangelists on the pulpit’s parapet. A copy of the Makkosmária devotional image can be seen on the side altar.