(Ráró) The church was built in Baroque style in the 17th century in the honour of the healer of the sick, St Rochus. It acquired its current form in 1903 when the Weinckheim family remodelled and extended the church in Romanticist style.The facade of the one-naved church is decorated with four antique wooden pillars; above them arched cornices spread out under the tower. The coat of arms of the family who constructed it can be seen above the main entrance. Inside the church, St Roch is portrayed on the white altar edifice with his staff and his loyal companion, his dog.
(Ásvány) The former church of the part of the village called Ásvány was destroyed by the Danube flooding at the end of the 17th century. Today’s church was built on the medieval foundations. The numbers engraved on the font (1658, 1721) record its years of construction. The church acquired its eclectic appearance with its expansion in 1904. The image of Saint Andrew is immortalised in the altarpiece and one of the glass windows. The latter is the work of Imre Asztrik Kákonyi, Franciscan monk and painter. The artist enriched the church with additional glass images and two large “textual” murals. One of the murals provides the backdrop for the 14th century sacrarium and a carved crucifix. The second mural is behind a late Gothic statue of Mary, “accompanied” by a quote from a poem by Bálint Balassi.
The black poplar with its 520cm-circumference trunk and the Calvary next to it radiate the harmony of nature and human creation. The black poplar is a typical tree native to Szigetköz, of which only a few still remain today.The Calvary was built in 1738 by Zoltán Apponyi, the owner of the village of Ráró, which was still independent at that time. The central structure of the building is believed to be based on the work of Martin Wittwer, who designed the Carmelite Church in Győr.The oval balustrade supporting the trilateral vaulting consists of three slender pillars, which are cube-shaped at the top. There are three crosses under the vaulting: Jesus’s in the middle, with the other two those of the thieves crucified with him. Angels’ heads with wings decorate the facade over the column heads. The wrought iron cross on the top of the roof is a remarkable work.