Following the Mongol invasion, King Béla IV of Hungary donated the town to Tamás Poky commissionaire, who established a Premonstratensian Provost just outside of Tét in 1251 to pay tribute to Saint Stephen the martyr. A Neo-Tudor style castle using Gothic and Renaissance elements was built in 1905 on the ruins of the former monastery named Pokvár. Tét is the centre of the archpriest’s district. The town church took its current shape in 1818 after several reconstructions. A plaque on its wall proclaims that the poet and neologist Endre Pázmándi Horvát was a parish priest here between 1806 and 1829. The sanctuary of the late-Baroque building has two Holy Trinity pictures. The smaller one, the former altarpiece was placed on the side wall in the 1950s. Then it was replaced by the larger picture together with a new altarpiece. These latter ones were caused to be brought by the Jesuit priest named János Rozmán, who was driven away from Eger, to the church of his brother, a priest named Ferenc Rozmán in Tét. The newer paintings seen in the nave – Saint Stephen, stations of the cross – are the works of a sign painter in Győr, and the Saint Anne statue was made in the workshop of a female potter in Dőr. The baptismal font is the work of a local blacksmith.
The history of the Lutheran congregation in Tét goes back to the mid-1500s. A church with wattle-and-daub walls stood in the centre of the village, but burnt down in 1774 (a stumpy stone tower was erected in its place in 1800, which was converted in 1835 into today’s tall bell tower. The present Baroque church was built on a new site, with the permission of Maria Theresa. Larch piles were hammered into the ground to reinforce its foundations. The foundation stone was laid in in 1778 and construction was completed in 1780. Lutherans from Győr also travelled here to attend mass until their church was constructed in 1785. The church’s interior has an unusual layout, as the altar and the pulpit are situated on the longitudinal wall. The red marble baptismal font was made in 1868 while the organ was built in 1910. The coat-of-arms which can be seen at the beginning of the pews is in honour of the Zmeskál family who worked for the congregation.
In 1715, Christian Ailert, an imperial officer injured in battle, turning to God to be healed, requested the intercession of St Anthony of Padua. The voice of Our Lady came to him in a dream and told him to visit a spring on the edge of Tét and to bathe in it. The officer washed in the spring’s water and was healed. Out of gratitude, he had a chapel built above the spring, in which he placed a copy of a picture of Our Lady of Perpetual Help. This miraculous recovery made the spring famous, drawing thousands of pilgrims to pray here in the hope of being healed.In 1744, a Baroque church was built in honour of St Anthony of Padua on the site of the chapel. Its sanctuary has a round-arched ceiling. The miracle-working spring is directly behind the altar. There are two pictures on the main altar: St Anthony of Padua above and Our Lady of Perpetual Help below. A depiction of the birth of the Virgin Mary can be seen in the church’s nave. In 2003, the church gained benches in the churchyard and a people’s altar, so that Holy Mass can be held here on the saint’s day. The statue of Mary next to the churchyard’s open-air altar was erected by Tét worshippers in 1896. Two saints’ days are celebrated each year in Tétszentkút: that of St Anthony of Padua on the Sunday closest to 13 June and that of the Virgin Mary on the weekend closest to 12 September.