Today’s form of the church built in 1752 was developed as a result of the extension and building of a tower in 1846. An atrium was built in front of the façade, the tower is covered by a stone roof. The organ standing on Tuscan columns was made in 1782 in the workshop of Fülöp König in Sopron. The altarpiece depicting the stoning of the martyr Saint Stephen was painted in 1911 by Károly Dodek who lived in Újbánya, Bars County. In the Queen of the Holy Rosary painting hanging on the side of the sanctuary Saint Dominic and Saint Mary of Árpád House kneel before Mary and the child Jesus. The two golden reliefs of the balustrade of the Baroque pulpit depict Saint Francis with his birds and the sower sowing Jesus. The parishioners deeply cherish the painting depicting Saint Rosalia of Palermo with a wreath of roses. The oldest of the sacral relics on the public square is the votive statue erected in 1717 – depicting Mary and the three helping saints (Sebastian, Roch and Rosalia) – which was erected giving thanks to the end of one of the plague epidemics. The 18th-century Pieta is a copy of the Mary statue of Sasvár in Upper Hungary which depicts Mary sitting at the foot of the cross and the dead Jesus lying in her lap wearing a crown. The Élő couple had a Mary statue erected in 1882 next to which they placed the statues of their patron saints (Anne and Joseph).
The building of the chapel was the idea of the local youth after they returned home from the Catholic World Youth Day in Cologne in 2005. The chapel was built with the partnership and support of several people by the selfless work of the locals. The chapel decorated by the artworks made in the “József Ferenczi” art camp in Sarród was sanctified in October 2007. The chapel built to pay tribute to Saint Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals and natural environment is part of the Mary Pilgrimage.The village’s second chapel was built in 2018 along the Mary Pilgrimage, which was named after Saint George, the patron of farmers.
The former Mekszikópuszta was one of the farms of the Esterházy estate. Its school had one classroom where the lower primary school students studied in the morning and upper primary school students studied in the afternoon. The classroom also had an altar which was covered by screen on weekdays and the chalkboard was hung on it. Following the nationalisation in 1948, the altar had to be removed from the school. The parishioners chose the old empty barn of the estate, fabricated benches and erected the altar there. The previous granary having a surface area of 200 square metres was sanctified in 1950 after its transformation in tribute to the Queen of the World. The statue above the altar depicts Mary holding the child Jesus in her arms as a queen (with a crown on her head and the sceptre of rulers in her hand). The place of worship which received wood panelling on the inside by the work of the residents of the dead end village, which is attached to Sarród, and has been named Fertőújlak since 1976 , received its current form as a result of its renovation in 2009.