The medieval church and the village were destroyed by the Turks. In 1735, Adolf Groll, Bishop of Győr, had a new church built in Baroque style. There are statues of St Adalbert and St John of Nepomuk next to the high altar. Bishop Ferenc Zichy had the tower built in 1762, while Bishop János Zalka had the church enlarged in 1875. His gift was the two statues of angels next to the tabernacle and the statue of the Easter lamb as well as the side altar of the birth of Jesus brought here from Sopron. The high altarpiece from the 1850s shows the Blessed Virgin’s assumption into heaven. The church was restored in 1935 by Bishop István Breyer. At this time, József Pandur painted the frescoes on the vaulting: the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, St Stephen’s Offering of the Crown and the worship of Hungarian saints in front of the Assumption. The stained-glass windows were also made by glass painter József Palka at this time. The organ purchased in Vienna in 1875 was also renovated then. The choir balustrade is decorated with the coat-of-arms of bishops Groll, Zalka and Breyer.
The church and the tower were built in 1828 and 1881, respectively. The inscription on the memorial above the entrance: „This holy building was renewed in the year 1888.” The number of seats are 100-100 on both the ground floor and the gallery. The marble-top of the Lord’s table is held by wrought-iron table legs. The baptismal font was made of red marble. The church was struck by lightning in 1982 and the tower burnt down. The benches were replaced, the pulpit and the staircase to the gallery were reconstructed. The parochial sacred vessels were brought back this time from Tata. The congregation of just over 300 people donated the small bell to the scattered congregation of the nearby municipality of Töltéstava. The two bells left in the tower weighing 247 and 99 kg were cast in Sopron by Frigyes Seltenhofer. The inscription on the larger bell says: „In thee do we put our trust from the beginning. Had cast by the subsidiary church of Pér in the year of the Lord 1935.” The inscription on the smaller bell says: „Come, let is worship, bow down and let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. Had cast by the congregation of Pér in 1926.”
Until the beginning of the 19th century only a wooden cross stood on the hill next to the village. The foundations of the calvary were laid on 17 October 1844. Three wooden crosses were mounted on the top of the hill at this time, on the northern side of which seven brick structure stations of the cross with painted icons were built. The wooden crosses were later replaced by stone crosses. The Mother of Sorrows Chapel behind them was sanctified on 08 September 1867. The bell which was cast in Győr was taken from its 12 metres high tower during the first world war. The building strengthened by sidewalls in 1887 and has been renovated several times since then. In 1903, Ágnes Walker, an artist from Győr, made oil paintings on tin for the stations. The Roman Catholic Parish of Pér renovated the chapel, the crosses and the stations in 2010.