The parish decided to build the church in 1987, on the occasion of the Our Lady of Hungarians celebration. The foundation stone was laid in June 1989. The modern church, designed by György Jáky, architect and painter, was built between 1989 and 1991. The church was consecrated in September 1991 by the diocesan bishop of Győr.The church is crescent-shaped, with a separate internal chapel and a main hall with an area of 250 m2. The pews, the way of the cross and the stained-glass windows are the work of István Perlaki, a glass-staining artist. The church received two new bells in 1998 as a gift from the Franciscan Father Barnabás Kiss-György.
Istók, the brother of Örzse Kovács, one of the Esterházy estate's day-labourer, was kicked to death by a horse. While Örzse was praying for his brother in bed at night, St Francis appeared to him and urged him to build a church and monastery for the Franciscan fathers at the scene of the accident. Örzse collected pennies for decades, many supported her, and she finally had enough to make her dream reality.The Marian Franciscan monks, named after the Virgin Mary, settled in Kapuvár in 1941 and consecrated their church a year later. The marble high altar was erected by János Nagy and his wife in memory of their sons who died heroically in World War II. The statue above the altar depicts St Francis and Jesus, who is bending down and embracing him. Reminiscent of Italian churches, the church is adorned with frescoes by Zoltán Závory as well as goldsmith Bandi Schima's work (the tabernacle door, the frames for the relics of St George and St John). The relief in memory of the two heroic dead of the Kapuvár monastery, Flavian Bali and Edgár Gerendás, is the work of Rózsi Izbégi Villám.
The first church in the Garta district of the town was built in 1710 from wood in honour of the martyrs St Fabian and St Sebastian. There was a bell tower with two small bells next to the small stone church built in 1742. The bell tower was demolished, and a tower was erected in front of the church. The high altarpiece depicts Sebastian and Catherine, while the small altar's painting depicts Our Lady of Sorrows.The community of Garta decided to build a new church in 1900. The plans were drawn up by Mihály Bánszky, who also supervised the construction; this was supported with a significant amount of money from Duke Miklós Eszterházy. The works were mostly carried out by craftsmen from Garta. The neo-Gothic church, consecrated in 1907 by diocesan bishop of Győr, György Széchenyi can seat 1,6000 people, has a floor area of 372 m2 and a 47-metre-high tower. The altars and the pulpit were created in Róbert Lewis's Szombathely workshop. The church, richly decorated with beautiful station of the cross pictures, statues and paintings, also boasts a stone statue of Christ created by Garta-born Lajos Lukácsi.
The small Baroque church was built in 1718 after the previous castle chapel and wooden church. István Hany, a child found in the Hanság (a bogland), who had grown up in the wild, was baptised here in 1749. The central part of today's church was built in 1808 in neo-Classical style. After a fire in 1843, it was extended with two side-aisles, its coffered ceiling was replaced by huge domes and its tower was increased in height. The eclectic building thus became one of the most beautiful and largest churches in the Rábazöz. The high altarpiece depicting St Anne, Joachim and Mary, created in Vienna in 1821, is the work of Carol Petrus Goebel. The sanctuary wall fresco, the work of Gyula Thury, shows St Stephen offering the crown to Mary. The church's other frescoes are the works of Kózsef Samodai and Zoltán Závory. An angelic choir in Kapuvár folk costume is painted on the ceiling of the organ gallery. The church boasts a Lourdes cave in the right-hand nave and a sarcophagus altar in the left-hand nave, which was completed in 1989.