According to a letter dated in 1815 “there has been a Lutheran schoolmaster in Újfalu for more than thirty years”. Therefore, there was already a master – and certainly a congregation – in the municipality in the last years of the reign of Maria Theresa of Austria. The Lutherans built a new chapel in 1865, and a new school in 1905. The church designed by Barna Káldy was built between 1949 and 1950 from the donations of the local congregation, the diocese and Lajos Németh. The bell of the church sanctified by Bishop Zoltán Túróczy is from 1866. The altarpiece was painted by Ödön Raksányi. The brass crucifix and candelabrum are the artworks of Bandi Shima, a goldsmith of Győr.The new parish built from the former school building was sanctified on 25 August 2018 by Deacon Miklós Kiss.
The modern church, erected in 1927, was consecrated by Archbishop of Esztergom, Jusztinián Serédi. There is a statue of Jesus on the facade. Antal Borsa painted the image of Christ on the sanctuary wall and the Golgotha scene of the nave’s side fresco. He also designed the relief on the tabernacle door and the ornate side altar with its statue of Mary. The latter was consecrated in December 1943 by Zoltán Meszlényi, Suffragan Bishop of Esztergom, who became one of communism’s victims in the early 1950s and was beatified in 2009.