The village’s first church was built in 1600. The current church was built in 1720 by Countess Teresa Viczay. The originally Baroque church has been modified slightly since then. There are statues of St Peter and St Paul on the two sides of the altar edifice. The large altarpiece depicts the former patron saint of the church, St Barbara. Above it, there is a painting of our Blessed Lady of the Snows. The ceiling frescoes depict biblical scenes: Jesus’s baptism, Jesus walking on the water and the miraculous draught of fish. The paintings on the choir’s balustrade depict the Basilica of Esztergom and the Basilica of Győr. The tower houses a tolling-bell as well as an “A” toned and a “C sharp” toned bell. There is a statue of Mary in a cave chapel in the park in front of the church, where the 14 stations of the Way of the Cross were also built in 2006.
The “Homokgödri kiskép” (“Small Picture Standing at the Sand Pit”) is a memorial pillar reminiscent of a watchtower. According to contemporary records, it was built in 1709. Its role could have been to mark the border, since it was erected on the outskirts of the village close to the main road between Győr and Hédervár. The interior of the structure is nowadays covered by a tiled roof supported by four columns at its corners. Under this protective cover, there are four votive pictures in the recesses depicting the patron saints of the village: St Wendelin, St Barbara, St Florian and Our Lady of the Snows. An exact replica of the pillar can be seen in the Szentendre village museum.