The youngest church in the village is the Evangelical church. Its tower was erected in 1873 and is named the Gábor Tower after its former bell ringer. The part of the building designed to receive the congregation and for worship was completed in 1957 and was consecrated as a church the following year.
One of the village of Bodonhely’s places of interest that should be mentioned first is the Catholic church dedicated to our Lady of the Visitation. The late Baroque building has a squat tower that probably served as a watchtower at the time of the battles with the Turks. Legend has it that a tunnel connected it to Pannonhalma. The tower’s third level and roof are the best articulated. Here you can see stone-framed, semi-circular windows and Tuscan half-pillars topped with steeples. Inside the church, a chronostichon triumphal arch stands in front of the sanctuary, whose Latin text dates back to 1789, the year of the church’s construction. The statues standing on the sanctuary’s Baroque high altar are of St Catherine and St Barbara. The Classicist altarpiece is a painting depicting the encounter between Mary and Elizabeth. The Baroque pulpit’s relief shows the gospel parable of the “sower”. There are also two pictures of the Holy Family and St Peter the Martyr on the side altar.
The castle of Győr was recaptured in 1598, having fallen into Turkish hands four years earlier. Many columns adorned with pictures, so-called “Győr Crosses” were built in western Hungary in rejoicing and memory of this. There is such a stone picture in the square next to the Bodonhely church too. The 116cm x 116cm, tower-like structure consists of two rows of curved, enclosed recesses. One of the top four recesses is decorated with sculptures depicting the Holy Trinity, the other three with scenes taken from the life of the Virgin Mary. The column’s body is closed by a sloped roof resting on a row of protruding ledges. A Baroque statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary, standing on the serpent and crowned with a halo decorated with 12 stars, stands at the peak of the roof.