The castle of Győr was recaptured in 1598, having fallen into Turkish hands four years earlier. Many columns adorned with pictures, so-called “Győr Crosses” were built in western Hungary in rejoicing and memory of this. There is such a stone picture in the square next to the Bodonhely church too. The 116cm x 116cm, tower-like structure consists of two rows of curved, enclosed recesses. One of the top four recesses is decorated with sculptures depicting the Holy Trinity, the other three with scenes taken from the life of the Virgin Mary. The column’s body is closed by a sloped roof resting on a row of protruding ledges. A Baroque statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary, standing on the serpent and crowned with a halo decorated with 12 stars, stands at the peak of the roof.