The chapel can be found in the vineyard near the village, on Agg Hill [Agg-hegy], the so-called Kotecs which offers a splendid view of the district up to Lake Neusiedl. The hill yields good grapes of Kövesd, and there is a stream at its foot.The origin of the chapel dates back several centuries; it was caused to be built by the Dongó family in the first half of the 18th century. The simple building having a barrel vault was transformed several times over the centuries, and a small gothic tower was erected on the façade. The latter renovations are particularly traceable.The chapel is only opened for the time of masses, thus, its inside can be viewed through a barred glass door.
A charter dated in 1430 mentions the church which was visited by the Lutheran bishop in 1631 and which was indicated in the chronicles again as a Catholic church in 1644. The church rebuilt in Greek Revival style in 1806 was named after the birth of the Blessed Virgin. The nave is covered by a dome vault with a flat cupola in the middle. The sanctuary is based on a thinner, while the choir is based on two gross pillars. The majority of the fitting is from the end of the 18th century. The main altar was carved in 1929. The altarpiece depicts the birth of Mary: Saint Anne is resting in bed in the background, Joachim and the kinsfolk with the infant are in the front, and the figure of God and an angel can be seen above the group. The Baroque statues of Saint Stephen and Saint Ladislaus stand on the two sides of the picture. The group of statues of the side altar with the cross depict Mary with Saint John and Magdalene. The balustrade of the pulpit shows Jesus at the wheel well with the Samaritan woman.