János Kanizsay, Archbishop of Esztergom, had a chapel built in the village in 1390 in honour of the Blessed Virgin. The chapel was destroyed and rebuilt several times, and in 1690, gained a devotional statue carved from linden wood in 1606 from Eisenstadt as a donation from Pál Esterházy. The 95 cm-high statue depicts Mary with the baby Jesus on her right arm and a royal mace in her left hand. Both are wearing gilded silver crowns on their heads. The statue bears a Latin inscription about the donation. The Osli chapel became a pilgrimage site for the Rábaköz and was expanded into a church between 1747 and 1766. Its tower was increased in height in 1847. Its facade features semi-circular recesses with statues of St Stephen and St Ladislaus brought in 1863 from the Cathedral of Győr as a donation from Bishop János Simor. The most beautiful work in the church’s interior is the Rococo high altar with a statue of the Smiling Madonna at its centre. The sanctuary’s ceiling boasts a fresco depicting the Assumption of Mary. The other frescoes were created by master painters Károly Hohenegger from Sopron and József Pandúr from Győr, in 1856 and 1938 respectively. Memories of prayers answered and miraculous healings are preserved in votive objects. The wall next to the entrance has been adorned with the Mosaic of Divine Mercy since 2009.Next to the church, you can see the Calvary, built in 1858 above the former cemetery, with a statue of Our Lady of Sorrows dating from the beginning of the 18th century.
One of the village’s oldest sacral monuments still stood to the east of the present cemetery at the end of the 18th century before being moved to the road leading to Hanság. The statue of Mary holding the baby Jesus in her arms stands on a tall pillar. The statue is associated with the tradition of many miraculous healings. The worn Latin inscription (“Salus Infirmorum, Ora pro nobis!”) has been replaced with a Hungarian text engraved in the marble plaque: Our Lady, Health of the Sick, Pray for Us!”.Not far from this statue, at the junction of Hanyi Street and Acsalagi Street, is the village’s newest monument. The wooden statue does not stand here by chance. In 1956, hundreds of people were fleeing towards the Austrian border along this road to Hanság. They are remembered by Gyula Csiszár’s work, created in 2006, which shows a man, woman and child: the mother holding the child is looking towards home, while the father is already looking at the border and the long, difficult journey ahead of them.