The village’s first church was built by Lőrinc Széchényi and was consecrated around 1677 by his son, great provost Paul (later Bishop and then Archbishop of Kalocsa). The current church was built in 1843-1844 in late Classicist style, under the direction of György Szinger. Twenty seats and a chalice dating from 1718 inscribed with GVNT. SIGHET remain from the old church. The altarpiece depicts the martyrdom of St Lawrence. The church’s interior painting is marble-effect. The ceiling frescoes were created by Antal Borsa in 1957. The marble plaque at the cross in front of the church commemorates Benedictine father Teodóz Jáki, who for decades led the traditional Easter “Searching for Jesus” procession at Kunsziget, which is also considered a county value.
During the cholera epidemic of 1831, the villagers turned to St Anthony of Padua, asking for intercession, and began building a new votive chapel. According to convention, as the walls of the chapel rose, the epidemic eased. The current chapel was built instead of the old one in 1901, when St Anthony was asked to intercede in an outbreak of rinderpest. The Kunsziget inhabitants constantly and faithfully observe the votive holiday associated with St Anthony. The eight-day-long prayer period before the holiday reinforces the bond between the villagers and their descendants. The 30-m2 votive chapel's building is owned by the municipality. The chapel's entrance is decorated for the holiday with garlands of flowers, which are made with special care; this task is passed down from mother to daughter.