Church of St Lawrence
The village’s first church was built by Lőrinc Széchényi and was consecrated around 1677 by his son, great provost Paul (later Bishop and then Archbishop of Kalocsa). The current church was built in 1843-1844 in late Classicist style, under the direction of György Szinger. Twenty seats and a chalice dating from 1718 inscribed with GVNT. SIGHET remain from the old church. The altarpiece depicts the martyrdom of St Lawrence. The church’s interior painting is marble-effect. The ceiling frescoes were created by Antal Borsa in 1957. The marble plaque at the cross in front of the church commemorates Benedictine father Teodóz Jáki, who for decades led the traditional Easter “Searching for Jesus” procession at Kunsziget, which is also considered a county value.