The village’s former church was built by the Hédérváry family; it was then renovated by György Széchényi, Archbishop of Esztergom, after its destruction during the Turkish era. On 1 September 1845, 40 houses in the village were destroyed by fire, along with the church. The current church was built between 1847 and 1849, according to the plans of János Lengerer. As a result of flooding in 1876, one part of the building that had subsided had to be demolished and new foundations and walls built. The church has been completely refurbished recently, gaining ornamental flag paving, while its surroundings have been covered with paving-stones. The building is in Classicist style. The Baroque pulpit came from the neighbouring Dunaszeg church. The paintings in the nave are 19th-century copies while the picture in the sanctuary was painted by Zsolt Malasits. The pews were made by Károly Schreiner, who also renovated the baptismal font in 1783. The church’s oldest bell was cast in 1740. The organ was produced by the Rieger factory in 1906.
The small building near the cemetery gate is known as the “White Picture”. There are painted reliefs in the recesses on the four sides of the square, walled, white-washed, red-roofed tower with a double cross. These works, created in 1859, have images of the Virgin Mary and the Crucifixion of Jesus as well as two other important saints for the inhabitants of Dunaszentpál. The village was famous for its livestock breeding, so St Wendel, the patron saint of shepherds, and St Florian, the protector of those dwelling in flammable, thatched houses, are also depicted on the picture column.