László Batthyány-Strattmann was born in the building of the primary school in the former Batthyány Castle on 28 October 1870. The duke, an ophthalmologist, healed the poor free of charge and restored the sight of numerous blind people. The village’s famous offspring was beatified by Pope John Paul II on 23 March 2003 in Rome. There is an exhibition on the life of the duke turned doctor in the building. A bust of the Blessed László Batthyány-Strattmann stands in front of the castle while there is a small neo-Gothic chapel on the other side of the road.
The village’s first chapel was built in 1562. The church, constructed in 1735, was destroyed by the 1878 fire along with half the village. The current church was built in 1910 based on the plans of Béla Hőnel. Its construction is also commemorated in a local folk song (“Bádogozzák a kiliti temlomot” – They’re tin-plating the Kiliti church). The neo-Gothic church is decorated with beautiful murals, arched vaulting and stained-glass windows. László Batthány-Strattmann, the blessed and beatified aristocratic doctor is also immortalised in one of the church’s stain-glassed windows. The memory of the village’s famous offspring is preserved by the altar, sculpture and relic in the chapel next the entrance.