Exaltation of the Holy Cross Church
The village’s first chapel was built in 1562. The church, constructed in 1735, was destroyed by the 1878 fire along with half the village. The current church was built in 1910 based on the plans of Béla Hőnel. Its construction is also commemorated in a local folk song (“Bádogozzák a kiliti temlomot” – They’re tin-plating the Kiliti church). The neo-Gothic church is decorated with beautiful murals, arched vaulting and stained-glass windows. László Batthány-Strattmann, the blessed and beatified aristocratic doctor is also immortalised in one of the church’s stain-glassed windows. The memory of the village’s famous offspring is preserved by the altar, sculpture and relic in the chapel next the entrance.