Óváros (Old Town) St Stephen’s Church – Tatabánya
Óváros, one of Tatabánya’s predecessor settlements, got its first Roman Catholic church by favour of MÁK Rt. The neo-Gothic church was built in 1912 in the mining settlement based on the plans of architect József Ullein. In the 1970s, the basilica-shaped, 12-columned, three-naved church underwent complete renovation with the assistance of Imre Makovecz among others. The church’s interior design and its organ make it suitable for concerts. The Polish nuns who took care of the sick during times of war are buried under the sanctuary apse.
Address: 2800 Tatabánya, Május1 tér 5
Kermesse (patronal festival): 20 August
Central parish office
2800 Tatabánya, Gellért tér 6.