The church having one nave and a middle tower, containing Baroque and Greek Revival elements was caused to be built by the Esterházy family. The commemorative plaques listing the soldiers of Vitnyéd who died in the two world wars can be seen next to the entrance. Following the repair of damages caused by World War II the paintings in the inside of the church were renovated by Antal Borsa, an artist of Győr. The side altar was created by István Németh, a carpenter of Vitnyéd in 1996. The bottom side of this serves as a nativity scene at Christmas, and as the tomb of Jesus before Easter. The congregation had the original altarpiece depicting Saint John the Baptist renovated on the basis of old photos, and returned it to the sanctuary in 2007.There are four bells in the tower: the Saint Anthony bell (400 kg), the Saint John the Baptist bell (210 kg), the Queen of the Rosary bell (137 kg) and the passing-bell (50 kg). There are two statues in front of the church: Our Lady of the Pillar made in 1902 and a stone cross with Mary on its pedestal erected in 1881.Csermajor, “a tejesek Sárospatakja” [“the dairy farmers’ Sárospatak”] is found just outside Vitnyéd, along the road to Hövej. The Saint Emeric’s Chapel built on the territory of the hallowed school in 1936 was sanctified by István Breyer, the bishop of Győr, then the chapel extended in 1944 was blessed by his descendant, Bishop Vilmos Apor.
According to legend an old hen dealer was swept away by a sudden flood in the beginning of the 1600s. The villagers in punts hurrying to help him saved the dealer who had a statue erected on the place of getting ashore as gratitude and to pay tribute to Saint Anthony.The Hungarian translation of the Latin inscription on the statue says: pledged by Ferenc Boros in 1680 to be erected in honour of Anthony of Padua. A chapel was built here in 1928 from the estate of Kata Bors. The artesian well providing good drinking water found near the chapel which is standing in the parkland next to the crowded main road and bike path is a popular stop for thirsty bikers and drivers coming this way.