There are many public works in the village, but mention should be made of the Holy Trinity, St Wendel, St Nicholas, St Stephen, St Elisabeth and St Florian statues. There are stone crosses on the roads leading to the village and near the two churches. Statues of St John of Nepomuk and St Barbara stand on the Szil church’s high gable on both sides of the tower. There is a scene from after the Easter Resurrection above the church’s main entrance and a relief depicting the builder of the church, parish priest, Vince Csigi, beside the gate. There is a statue of the Virgin Mary with baby Jesus sitting on her arm in the churchyard. The chapel on the upper floor of the former school, used by the nuns serving there and teaching the girls during the first half of the 20th century, has been restored. An exhibition entitled “Sacrality” can be found in the neighbouring rooms.
According to the 1696-97 church visit records, “in this small village, which is part of the Szil parish, there is a small bell hanging in a little belfry”. Kistata’s small 75 m2 church was built in 1836. The protagonists on the altarpiece is the young St Anne with the new-born Mary in her arms. Next to them are the midwives, with a ribbon saying, “The holy Virgin’s name is Mary”. The men standing in the background are looking through the window in curiosity. One of them is obviously the father, St Joachim. The inhabitants of the open heavens are watching the event from above. One of the colourful panel paintings on the side panels of the simple pulpit is St Peter holding keys, another shows St Paul with his sword. The third image on the pulpit depicts the symbols of the three divine virtues (faith, hope and love) – the cross, the anchor and the flaming heart. Zoltán Závory’s painted ceiling shows the symbols of the Holy Spirit and the Eucharist.
King St Stephen donated the “income from the fairs or markets usually held in Szil” to the Bakonybél Abbey in 1037. At first, the worshippers attending the church consecrated in honour of St Wenceslas paid the tithe to the Premonstratensian provost in Csorna. Szil, a country town from the end of the 1400s, was one of the Kanizsay, Nádasdy and the Esterházy family’s most populous settlements. The demolition of the old All Saints’ Church and the construction of the new church took place under the guidance of the parish priest, Vince Csigi, over seven months in 1890. The monumentally sized, neo-Romanesque church designed by József Ullein was consecrated on 12 October 1890 by Bishop János Zalka. The statue of Jesus on the high altar was made by Károly Hild, a stonemason from Sopron. The gospel scenes on the side walls and the chancel arch were painted by József Samodai in 1964. The “Grove Mary” statue, found in 1777 in the neighbouring village of Kistata in the reedy grove next to the Linkó stream, stands in a columnal, canopied cabinet on the pillar opposite the pulpit. The picture of St Mary of Goretti at the entrance was painted by Masa Feszty.