The church and the two chapels next to it are like a mother with two children. The Holy Cross Chapel was built in the 16th century, the Heroes’ Chapel in 1929. Bishop Ferenc Zichy had the church built between 1770 and 1775. The tower is 47 metres high and the church’s interior is unusually spacious. Behind the high altar, there is an oil painting of St Nicholas and four gilded wooden sculptures (St Peter, St Paul, St Augustine and St Martin). The side altar of St Francis and the Holy family is located in the curvature of the chancel arch. The baptismal font, dating from around 1780, stands on a red marble pedestal and has a statue depicting the baptism of Jesus on top. The entire interior renovation of the church was carried out between 1973 and 1975 by painter József Samodai, born in the village, who replaced the ruined frescoes with two separate seccos (one depicting the Transfiguration of our Lord, the other the Saints of the Árpád House worshipping in front of the Lady of the Hungarians). One of the church’s devotional objects is a relic of bone from Bishop St Nicholas.