The church was converted from a manorial granary in 1946. The first burial there was performed by Archbishop of Esztergom, József Mindszenty. The tower was built in 1967. In 1984, Zoltán Závory painted three scenes around the cross of Christ statue attached to the sanctuary wall. Mary, the Apostle John and Mary Magdalene can be seen in the middle of the work, next to the cross. The central figure in the left scene is the mother of the Emperor Constantine, St Helena, who found Jesus’s cross. The scene on the right depicts Pope John Paul II and his entourage. The tabernacle and the free-standing altar were created by woodcarver László Vigyázó.