The oldest mention of the village’s first church can be found in a charter from 1366. The Turkish wars and the Austrian incursions badly damaged the church; according to the 1713 canonica visitatio protocol, it was in a ruined, wretched state. The current church was built between 1801 and 1810, halted due to the difficulties caused by the wars with the French. Its plans were drawn up by Szombathely master builders, János György Anreith and János Ziegler. It’s a one-naved simple Baroque building with a central tower and north-south orientation. The steeple was added in 1870. Stone statues of Saint Joseph and St Michael carved by Ignác Ráday of Celldömölk adorn the facade’s recesses. The neo-Baroque high altar dates from 1912.
Count József Cziráky erected a memorial chapel in 1931 on the site where the last Hungarian king’s plane landed on 20 October 1921. The quote from the scriptures which can be seen above the entrance of the domed, circular building also refers to the unsuccessful coup by the king: In propria venit et sui eum non receperunt (He came unto his own, and his own received him not). Detailed information on the beatification of King Charles IV in 2004, illustrated with photos, is given on a sign in front of the avenue leading to the chapel.