Borský Mikuláš - Chapel of St. Mary Magdalene
At the highest point of the Záhorská Lowland (296.9 m above sea level (ASL)) on the sand hill of a partially forested hill above the settlement of Habany there is originally a pilgrimage place with a chapel. The Chapel of St. Mary Magdalene was built in 1668 by Imrich Czobor, but at the beginning of the 18th century it was destroyed during the Rákoci Uprising. Today's neoclassical chapel was built at the end of the 19th century. In the past, religious processions stopped at the chapel, which went from Trnava on the pilgrimage to Šaštín. The chapel was robbed and damaged by vandals several times. At present, the pilgrimage to the chapel takes place on Sunday around the Feast of St. Mary Magdalene – 22 July.
Address: Roman Catholic Parish Office, Parish of Borský Mikuláš, Cintorínska street no. 421, Borský Mikuláš
Telephone: 034/65 95,292