St Anne’s Church – Kecskéd

The monumental church on Fő utca was built according to the plans of the Esterházy family architect, Jakab Fellner. At that time, Kecskéd belonged to the Gesztes estate. Built in the 1860s, the single-towered Baroque church was consecrated in honour of St Anne. Interestingly, it houses two ornate reliquaries originating from the nearby Camaldolese Reclusory Church in Majk. The facade is ornate, the floor is fired brick and the altar is made from marble. The three bells in the 43-metre-high tower were produced by the Sopron master Frigyes Seltenhofer’s factory in 1922.
Address: 2852 Kecskéd, Fő u. 8.

Further information:
2840 Oroszlány, Haraszthegyi út 11.
(34) 362 606

Download PDF Print this article E-mail