Holy Well – Csatka
The Holy Well lies in a valley approximately 1 km from Csatka. Baroness Ágnes Fiáth had its chapel built in 1862. Prayers have been listened to in the pilgrimage chapel, and panels of thanks on its walls commemorate miraculous healings. Records show that Vilmos Meizler was healed of blindness, regaining his sight in minutes at the shrine in 1792. According to the records, the water of the Csatka Holy Well is primarily good for curing foot pain and against paralysis. In the past and also today, pilgrims take water back home in bottles for those who have stayed behind. Crowds of people have made pilgrimage to the Mother of Mercy for centuries, while in 1962, the Bishopric of Veszprém recognised it officially as a pilgrimage site. Thousands of people seek out this source of healing power, to drink from the soul-purifying spring, to wash their faces in it and to ask for blessing for themselves and their relatives in the consecutive Holy Masses. The shrine’s main kermesse (patronal feast) is 8 September, the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. At this time, many people also come from north and south of Hungary’s borders as well as from Transylvania. Holy Mass is held in Hungarian, German and Roma.
The pilgrimage site of the Praying Holy Virgin.
Address: Csatka - Szentkút
Kermesse (patronal festival): 9 August
2887 Ácsteszér, Kossuth L. u. 47/a.