Visitation of Our Lady Church
The young daughter of Chief Justice Fernenc Nádasdy fell seriously ill. Elenora made a vow that if she recovered, she would retreat to a convent. However, after she recovered, her parents still gave her hand in marriage. There was a storm on the wedding day and the bride was killed by a bolt of lightning. Her shaken father erected a stone chapel in 1670 in memory of his daughter and above her grave, to replace the wooden chapel. The building was expanded in the middle of the 18th century to accommodate pilgrims; this was commissioned by Count Antal Széchény and overseen by parish priest Pál Behofsich. The pilgrimage church is Baroque both inside and out, greeting visitors with a steepleless tower and facade adorned with statues of the four evangelists. There is a statue of the Black Madonna, lavishly dressed and crowned. Next to it, there are statues of her parents (Anne and Joachim) as well as of the Apostles Peter and John. The upper group of statues on the high altar refers to the name of the church: Mary's visit to Elizabeth. The Baroque organ was moved from Sopronbánfalva to the Kóphaza church. The 18th-century "Three Kings" votive image evokes the once flourishing cult of the pilgrimage site. The painting depicts the celestial guardians of travellers and pilgrims along with a devotional statue and a family praying for healing.