Saint Nicholas Church
The most notable sight of the village on the side of the River Marcal is the Arpad-era church which has certainly stood there before the Mongol invasion. The small round church built in the 11th-12th century was later extended by three horseshoe arches. The village was donated to Gregory of the Osl clan by a deed of King László IV. dated in 1287. In the 18th century a tower was added to the house of worship having a clover-shaped layout. The church was once surrounded by a cemetery and a stone wall. The village was threatened several times by the flood of the River Marcal and the River Rába – in addition to the Mongol and Turkish destruction. Therefore, the church’s altarpiece depicts Saint Nicholas, the helper of people threatened by floods, and he also became the “eponym” of the village as well.