St Andrew’s Church
According to a deed from 1330, the church of St Emeric, built by the landowner Alexander Köcski or the king, stood on a hill near the village. The church, maintained by the Pannonhalma Abbey, was destroyed by Turkish troops in 1683. At the entrance of today’s church, a marble plaque states: “This building of the Almighty God, dedicated to the Apostle of St Andrew, was built by János Méhrkerti Milkovics in 1753, while the tower was built in 1779 at the behest of Pápácz Provost Kristóf Schogg.”
The church is 20 metres long and 7 metres wide, the sanctuary has brick vaulting, while the nave has a flat ceiling. The images of the stained-glass windows were created by glass artist József Palka.
The Baroque high altar is a masterpiece in wood. Next to the sanctuary is a Rococo statue of two kneeling angels, while above the tabernacle, there is a statue of the Lamb of God. The high altarpiece depicts St Andrew the Apostle. One of the side altars is adorned with an image of the Immaculate Virgin with statues of St Barbara and St Catherine next to it. The image of St Joseph on the other side altar is “guarded” by statues of St Stephen and St Ladislaus. The pulpit features statues of St Paul the Apostle and the four evangelists. The ceiling frescoes were created by József Pandur in 1930.