Lutheran Church

The church standing on the so-called Lord’s Hill not far from the centre of the village was built in the 1800s while its two-belled tower was added in 1925. A praying Jesus, angel holding a chalice and sleeping apostles are depicted on the altarpiece of the simple church.
There is a biblical quote painted on an old round plaque embellishing the pulpit. The small congregation takes care of the church and its surrounding buildings. One of these functioned as a denominational school before World War II.

Download PDF Print this article E-mail