Jewish cemetery and memorial wall

Jewish people lived in the village from the mid-1800s. Mosondarnó and Zseli combined in 1934 to form the village of Darnózseli, which was a small centre for the Jewish population of the area. They had a prayer house on the main street, Fő utca, and a cemetery on the outskirts of the village. The latter was opened in 1883, with the last burial taking place in 1943. In 1985, a memorial wall was erected to commemorate the Darnózseli and the Szigetköz victims of the deportations.

Download PDF Print this article E-mail