Holy Trinity Church
Kajar was first mentioned in a charter from 1037, when King St Stephen bestowed the village on the Bakonybél Abbey. The church was built in Baroque style between 1797 and 1880, boasting a single nave, mitred vaulting and an organ gallery as well as a flat-ceilinged sanctuary. The tower rising from the flatness of the facade (similar to the Benedictine churches of neighbouring villages) has a so-called “hen-roost-roof” design and a shingle roof. The Empire-style unusually coloured high altar and pulpit as well as the neo-Classical and late-Baroque-style pews are probably the same age as the church. The high altar picture depicting the Holy Trinity was painted by József Schmidt in 1799. The fresco on the sanctuary ceiling depicts the Lamb of God, the four evangelists and the Benedictine monastery at Bakonybél.