The Turkish destroyed the Evangelical oratory in the church in 1683. Then a wattle church was built, which burnt down in 1727. The church raised in its place was consecrated in 1730. A new, larger stone church was built in Baroque style in 1788, following the Tolerance Edict. The church’s interior was completed in 1794. The two-sided gallery, with stone legs and a coffered front wall, and the ceiling are both made of wood. The old pulpit was demolished in 1913 and replaced with a new one. The church organ was also made at that time. The church has been renovated several times over the last sixty years and the conversion of the organ to a mechanical one has been completed. The names of those who died in the two world wars can be found on the memorial plaques on the wall. There is also a memorial plaque in honour of the preacher, János Szentmiklós, who was held captive for his faith between 1774 and 1776. In 2017, on the 500th anniversary of the beginning of the Reformation, a plaque immortalising the names of all the ministers serving the congregation since 1609 was added to the wall of the parvis.