Church of St Catherine of Alexandria
The 18th-century Baroque church was expanded in 1873 with the addition of a transept and a new sanctuary. The image on the neo-Gothic high altar, the work of Mihály Kovács, created in 1883, depicts the mystical betrothment of St Catherine. Two Rococo works (The Good Shepherd and St Wendel) should be highlighted among the sculptures. The reliefs on the pulpit represent the four evangelists and Jesus the Sower, while there are vignettes of the saints of the House of Árpád (Stephen, Ladislaus, Elizabeth and Margaret) on the ceiling.
It’s worth taking a look at the medieval church in the village of Felszopor a kilometre and a half away which houses an altarpiece depicting the Ascension of Jesus.