All Saints Church
The church was built between 1728 and 1735 at the behest of György Széchényi and his son Zsigmond. Two towers enclose the high facade of the wooden-tiled, Baroque church. The towers’ clocks were made by Viennese József Kőnig. The Széchényi coat-of-arms is visible in the middle of the facade. The pediment bears statues of St Joseph, St John the Baptist and the Virgin Mary, while there are statues of St Anna and St John of Nepomuk in front of the church. The richly carved pulpit is one particularly beautiful piece of its original 18th-century furnishings. There are statues on the three altars and the walls, whereas paintings adorn the oratory and the choir’s balustrade. The canopied side altar of St Peregrine, the patron saint of those suffering from foot ailments, is very interesting. There is a rare depiction of Christ on the wall: raising his crucified right side from the cross for a blessing.
The two towers had six bells in total. Legend has it that one bell was dug up by a bull from the mud of Lake Fertő.
In 1736, Mária Barkóczy, wife of Zsigmond Széchényi raised two small mounds on both sides of the church and erected a crucifix on one side and a statue of Jesus on the other. Over time, both have been expanded into multi-figure statue groups with ornamental gates, steps and fences.