St Stephen the King’s Church
St Stephen the King’s Roman Catholic Church was originally built as a fortress church in the middle of the 14th century. The earliest information in surviving chronicles indicate that it already existed in 1390. It was later redesigned and expanded many times. A chapel was added at the beginning of the 18th century while in 1764 the Pálffys renovated it so extensively that only one of the original building was left. The church’s size has changed a lot; expanded with side wings, the northern chapel was attached to the church hall along with a southern chapel. The works were completed in 1767, when the church was consecrated. Close to the parsonage, there is also another important sacral building – the Baroque chapel and Calvary built between 1709 and 1713. The Holy Trinity Column in front of the church dates back to the mid-18th century.