Holy Trinity Church

The parish church at the lower end of the village is one of the oldest surviving buildings in Malacky. It was built by the protestant Balassa family. The single-naved, polygonal sanctuary church was built around 1574. It has been in the hands of the Catholic Church since 1621. The late Renaissance-style tower was added in 1672. The most valuable item among the sacral relics in the interior is the pulpit dating from the second half of the 17th century. The altar’s central, main image depicts the Most Holy Trinity; the painting was done in the middle of the 19th century. The church has two side altars, one is the Lourdes Virgin Mary altar, the second the Heart of Jesus altar. There is a crypt beneath the church.

Download PDF Print this article E-mail